ServicesFrom the preliminary test to the investigation concept and coordination with the authorities up to the shutdown.
1. Preliminary examination
At first a preliminary examination is used to check whether the implementation of a baseline report is required.
- The acquisition of plant-specific hazardous substances according to the CLP regulation (relevant hazardous substances)
- Investigation of the substances with respect to their characteristics as well as their material and quantitative relevance.
- Examination of exceptional cases according to §10 (1a) BImSchG
- Decision whether the implementation of a baseline report is required
2. Investigation concept
The investigation concept is specifically focused on the industrial properties, the intended operations and the substances used at the plant.
The following questions will be answered:
Which investigation measures must be carried out?
- Soil analysis
- Groundwater analysis
- Consideration of available examination results
Scope of investigation:
- Deviations from recommendations (LABO guideline)
- Position and number of points of investigations
- Determination of investigation methods and parameters for analysis
3. Coordination with the competent authorities
A coordination with the competent authorities is useful, in order to get an early consensus about the measures to be taken.
4. Baseline Report
On the basis of the investigation concept the baseline report is created as follows:
- Carrying out of soil and groundwater investigations
- Contents of the Baseline Report:
- Information on historical data related to past uses of the site
- Previous soil and groundwater investigations
- Type of soil and groundwater investigation measures taken
- Evaluation principles
- Description and evaluation of the information obtained about the present use
- Description of the investigation results and evaluation
- Details on Regular Monitoring
- Investigation of the permit (requirements and incidental provisions)
- Presentation and coordination of measures that can be deducted from the investigation
6. Regular monitoring
Implementation of soil and ground water analysis, which might be necessary (5 to 10 years).
7. Operating setting
Formulation of documents on the termination of plant operation with a final report (EZB). The purpose of these documents is to estimate whether there is a significant contamination, which requires the return to the initial state.
More detailed information required?
We like to tell you more.
Working aid on the obligation of the Federal Government/Länder Working Group on Soil Protection (LABO) in cooperation with the German Federal States Working Group on Water (LAWA) and the German Federal States Working Group on Immission Control (LAI) of 09.03.2017
Guidelines of the European Commission on baseline reporting under Article 22(2) of Directive 2010/75/EU on industrial emissions, 06.05.2014
Report of the ad hoc working group of the Conference of Environment Ministers (UMK Umweltministerkonferenz): “Preparation of a work aid for the enforcement of national legislation implementing the Industrial Emissions Directive”, status 08.08.2014
Guidance document on the obligation for restoration of the German Federal States Working Group on Soil Protection (LABO) in cooperation with the German Federal States Working Group on Water (LAWA) and the German Federal States Working Group on Immission Control (LAI) of 09.03.2017